Your Brand Strategy Should Include Partnering With Your Physicians on Social MediaCase Studies
Evan Argintar, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon in the competitive Mid-Atlantic region, which stretches from D.C. to Baltimore. In order to message his innovation as a surgeon with advanced skills and a patient-centered focus, Dr. Argintar knew he had to increase his digital footprint and stand out in the market.
To accomplish this, Dr. Argintar partnered with the MedTouch content marketing team to develop a strategy that would build his professional network and connect him with audiences across three social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
MedStar Health, the healthcare organization through which Dr. Argintar practices, prohibits physicians from creating personal healthcare websites. So, launching a traditional blog of his own was out of the question.
To share Dr. Argintar’s thought leadership content while adhering to organizational brand standards and digital property rules, MedTouch recommended a creative, strategic approach. Dr. Argintar had an established LinkedIn profile, and — in line with the trend toward longer-form content on social media — MedTouch developed a strategy to deliver blog-like content on LinkedIn and distribute it with platform-specific posts and images across Facebook and Instagram.
As part of this comprehensive strategy, MedTouch:
- Recommended optimizations to Dr. Argintar’s existing social media accounts
- Helped determine channel-specific goals for publication frequency and audience growth
- Prepared and delivered a virtual content marketing workshop to cover best practices for social media in healthcare, risks and benefits, current user trends and behaviors, and responding to engaged users
- Interviewed and ghost-wrote blogs and related social media posts about unique techniques and advanced orthopedic procedures in patient-friendly language
- Analyzed the organizational and personal brand voice and wove them together to strike a tone that balanced expertise with friendliness
- Incorporated strategic calls-to-action into the content to encourage conversions
- Followed up with Dr. Argintar and his assistant to hone messaging, improve images, and drive additional conversions
The Results: Feb. 6, 2018 – July 19, 2018
increase in LinkedIn connections
increase in Facebook connections
increase in Instagram followers
The strategic plan was hugely successful. The published content MedTouch helped create with a friendly-yet-expert tone and clear conversion pathways significantly expanded Dr. Argintar’s social influence. Dr. Argintar also learned how to continue that growth with best practice principles.
Supporting key physicians in delivering strong personal branding messages is emerging as an important healthcare marketing strategy. As more patients take to social media and other digital pathways for health information and connections, we expect that these nurtured physician-patient connections and relationships on social media will affect which physicians — and which healthcare organizations — they’ll connect with to develop loyalty for lifelong care.
If your organization would like assistance with launching a physician social media strategy, or if you are a physician who would like guidance in navigating the social media world, the experienced MedTouch content marketing team can help.
You may be interested in
by Case Studies
Banner Health partnered with MedTouch to move away from numerous sites to a single, united brand experience across all markets. Bannerhealth.com...
by Case Studies
The Edward-Elmhurst Health merger created one of the largest integrated health systems in the state of Illinois. They needed a bold idea to...