Director of Web Development
We are looking for a highly-motivated Director of Web Development with the passion to coach and grow our technical delivery team, the experience to define best practices, and the skills to solve complex technical escalations. Reporting to the VP of Delivery, you will manage a team of 15, including managers and technical leads, experienced front-end and back-end developers, as well as testers. Leveraging your extensive experience with content management systems, development, testing, and more, you’ll be accountable for enhancing the methodology and process for your teams. Your leadership and proven success in a professional services environment will continue enabling our team to build and improve a best-in-class suite of healthcare websites.
In this role you will:
Manage and grow our technology team
- Successfully lead, motivate, and retain first-class technologists, helping them to plan out and achieve the next steps in their career.
- Be a trusted mentor, adapting your managerial style to be a technical expert or motivational coach based on the needs of each situation.
- Have a results-oriented focus, encouraging team members to set and track goals for themselves.
- Collaborate with client delivery teams to ensure alignment on methodology, best practices, and process as well as delivery estimates and proposed schedules.
Solve complex issues
- Roll up your sleeves to help the team solve complex technical problems on Sitecore and Drupal platforms and a variety of other issues from performance and hosting to new feature architecture.
- Serve as a client facing escalation point, providing business level explanations to complex technical questions and issues.
- Solve internal delivery issues with a root-cause view, helping others understand how to prevent similar issues in the future.
Advance our practice
- Develop, maintain, and handle change management for processes, methodology, and tools for technology that are efficient, consistent, and current.
- Identify opportunities to enable faster cycles to production and higher quality releases for our clients and services.
- Lead and inspire exceptional delivery, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Forecast technology resource needs based on client project demands and internal development needs, and staff the team accordingly.
- Establish and report appropriate metrics for the development and testing to ensure quality, efficiency, and productivity as well as profitability and utilization.
The job is just right if you have:
- Experience in a professional services environment and the ability to expertly balance the demands of many internal and external clients simultaneously.
- Resource planning skills with a track record of setting and managing your team’s priorities judiciously and working with project managers on the same.
- Superior analytical and evaluative skills with a passion for being a hands-on problems-solver and triaging escalations real-time.
- Strong communication skills with both internal technology teams and non-technical client partners.
- Vision for best-in-class development processes and previous experience contributing to process improvements.
- An innate curiosity and drive to track relevant industry trends and a history of implementing tools that benefit both internal teams and clients.
- A completed bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or another relevant area and a background in web development.
You meet the technical requirements of this role if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience successfully managing a development or engineering team with a hands-on, motivational approach to managing.
- 3+ years’ experience with content management systems such as Sitecore, Drupal, SharePoint, Adobe, etc.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- Proven experience architecting new website builds, as well as eliminating “Tech Debt” while architecting new features into existing websites.
- In depth experience in enterprise-class web development, performance improvement, and deployment projects.
What you'll be working with
- Our technologies: .NET, PHP, Sitecore, Drupal, Bootstrap
- Hosting: Azure (some Rackspace, AWS)
- Configuration management: TeamCity, Octopus
- Monitoring: New Relic
- Our team of passionate, curious, innovative professionals
What we can offer you
- Fifteen vacation, five sick, and three paid personal days, plus nine company holidays and additional time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options and matching.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
November 04, 2019 - November 06, 2019
Location: Orlando, FL Date: November 4-6, 2019 The 23nd Annual Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC) will bring together leaders from hospitals,...
November 04, 2019 - November 07, 2019
Location: Orlando, FL Date: November 4-7, 2019 How can brands thrive in a world where everyone wants to feel like a preferred customer? By...