Director, Business Development
Our Director of Business Development is responsible for driving new sales, playing a key role in the company’s bottom line. In this role, you will identify and develop new business opportunities that increase revenue and expand the presence of our national brand. As one of the first points of contact with new prospects, you’ll leverage your deep knowledge of our services and their application in the healthcare industry to help prospects understand why MedTouch is uniquely positioned to help them achieve their goals.
- Lead sales and prospect-relationship management from qualification to close of sale with contracts valued $500k+.
- Conduct market research for prospect targeting, track new markets and emerging trends in healthcare, and guide long-term objectives to meet business generation goals.
- Work cross-functionally with all MedTouch departments to become an expert in the strategic services and technical solution offerings.
- Probe to understand prospects’ business challenges and lead value-based conversations uncovering answers to key questions surrounding needs, metrics of success, budget, etc.
- Educate prospects about our solutions, clearly communicating the value we will bring to help them achieve their business goals and creatively tailor a custom solution for prospects.
- Gain commitment from prospects to advance deals forward from one stage to the next with the ultimate goal of closing new client deals.
- Manage complex sales cycles through lead proposal development and RFP responses to prospect on-sites, leveraging our CEO or other SMEs as needed.
- Document all leads, prospects, and inquiries in Salesforce.
- Regularly evaluate the sales team effectiveness through weekly reports, outlining major client communications, accomplishments, and objectives achieved or missed using feedback for continuous improvement.
- Propose and develop new strategic partnerships.
This position is just right for you if you have:
- 8+ years’ experience of proven success in consultative business development in technology or professional services.
- 3+ years’ experience in the healthcare and digital marketing industries, agency experience preferred.
- Experience selling to large, complex organizations and executive client groups with contract sizes of $500-$1m and multi-year engagements.
- Previous experience fostering prospect relationships and progressing deals with a 12-18 month selling cycle.
- A high sense of urgency and motivation to follow up with prospects consistently and effectively.
- A robust understanding of digital marketing and CRM and CMS technology.
- Excellent negotiation skills with proven track record of successfully pitching and closing new business.
- Rock-solid presentation skills with the ability to inspire and influence an audience with a diverse set of motivations and goals.
- Excellent commercial understanding and awareness.
- High emotional intelligence; skilled at reading emotions, interactions, and group dynamics and adapting sales style and strategy accordingly.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen days of PTO per year plus nine paid company holidays and other time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
November 04, 2019 - November 06, 2019
Location: Orlando, FL Date: November 4-6, 2019 The 23nd Annual Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC) will bring together leaders from hospitals,...
James Gardner, head of Market + Business Development for MedTouch, recently spoke with Don Stanziano, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer...