Content Creation Strategist
Location: Cedar Rapids
As Content Creation Strategist, you will play a vital role in the success of MedTouch implementation projects as a member of the Content pillar. The professional in this role will work collaboratively with other content strategists, designers, digital marketing strategists, and UX architects to solve structural challenges and to create a cohesive website experience for our healthcare client users.
We’ve built a strong, close-knit, and fun work environment in Cedar Rapids that you don’t want to miss out on! As such, candidates who can join this team on-site are preferred.
- Collaborate with UX architects to bridge gap between high-level architecture and deeper content structures, including taxonomies, tagging strategies, advanced information architecture, and page-level architecture.
- Construct user journeys and visualize pathways for site visitors to quickly get information and easily convert on clients’ sites.
- Compose and edit engaging blog posts that are articulate, accurate, and actionable.
- Write and edit conversion-centered content for static web pages, service line web pages, digital ad content, social media, and campaign landing pages.
- Interview physicians, nurses, and other healthcare stakeholders with a journalistic approach to uncover unique, timely stories to share on digital channels.
- Identify opportunities for additional client support opportunities.
- Help clients develop, implement, and continually evolve content strategies, including measuring metrics and identifying areas of improvement and opportunity.
- Write, edit, and distribute social media posts for our clients in line with their social media strategies.
- Conduct content audits to assess tone/voice, efficacy, weight, volume, and media used in a variety of content channels, as well as level of effort required to implement a content plan.
- Manage clients’ editorial calendars.
- Research keywords to drive traffic and optimize results.
- Travel on-site to clients 10% of the time.
- Take on other responsibilities as our team/clients’ needs evolve.
- Work closely with the UX, Digital Marketing, and Design teams to build cohesive content plans, workflow, strategies and implementation of long-term and stand-alone content development projects.
The job is just right if you have:
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism, writing, or a relevant field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital or healthcare writing, journalism, or editing for the web.
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable communicating in a professional tone to groups of people in person and over the phone.
- Passion for quality, dedication to detail, and flexibility to take on special projects as needed.
- Strategic experience and the ability to comfortably make recommendations on-the-fly that adhere to a clients’ brand and MedTouch best practices.
- A knack for building client and internal team relationships.
- Exceptional organization skills and a strong on-time delivery mindset.
- An innate ability to communicate complex content, processes, and best practices to clients and MedTouch stakeholders in plain, reassuring language.
- A background in and passion for the healthcare industry.
- Familiarity with technology, software, and content management systems (CMS) and an insatiable curiosity to learn more.
- Comfortability discussing, strategizing, and staying up-to-date with content best practices on social, blog, web content, and podcasting.
- Familiarity with Drupal, Sitecore, and WordPress platform.
- Understanding of information architecture and UX principles.
- Podcasting, broadcasting, or reporting experience.
- Training, project management, and presentation skills.
What we can offer you
- Fifteen days of PTO per year plus nine paid company holidays and other time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.
Who we are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
The latestView All
Late this winter, Google announced that it will add an account-level control for signed-in users to mute a given advertiser’s remarketing...
MedTouch CEO Paul Griffiths and Chief Technology Officer Dan Persson have been named to the prestigious 2018 Sitecore MVP list. MedTouch is a...