St. Dominic Hospital Website Design
Located in Jackson, Mississippi, St. Dominic Jackson Memorial Hospital is a 535-bed acute care hospital specializing in cancer treatment, heart care, women's services, surgery, behavioral health programs and more. At St. Dominic's, high-tech services are blended with high-touch care. St. Dominic's commitment to patients is illustrated through consistently high patient satisfaction scores, excellent medical outcomes and national designations and awards.
In 2007, St. Dominic’s needed a web site that would forward their 5-year strategic goals. Their HR functions, giving, and patient tools all needed a home. Although they have some in-house technical staff, they still needed a better design and a CMS to distribute authorship throughout the organization. MedTouch was asked to rebuild the site, integrating with some existing technical elements in place, while providing a completely new web identity and value-added content management. In 2010, St. Dominic's partnered with MedTouch to expand the hospital's visibility in the local market through search traffic.
MedTouch developed a strategy that would deliver the following:
- Build a site in plain English for patient: e.g. “What are you looking for?”
- Leverage existing investments, such as video, in an online channel.
- Increase awareness of their Centers of Excellence in a crowded market.
- Explain the mission and vision of St. Dom’s of being “more than a hospital” and providing outpatient and life-case services.
- Increase visibility for physicians through search optimized physician landing pages
- Capture local search traffic for cardiology and oncology - key service lines - through search engine optimization in Google Places and YouTube
- Doubled visitors via search-engine optimization, improved site organization and search intelligent CMS
- Increased page views by 80%
- Decreased bounce rate by 35%
- Increased organic search traffic by 35%
- Increased localized phrases using “Jackson” by 38%
- Increased Google Places impressions 2200% in two days
- Placed videos in top 5 results in Google for key search terms, such as "emergency cardiac treatment, Jackson"
- Moved physician landing pages to top result over HealthGrades in organic search queries
- Tripled careers traffic by allowing HR to manage their own content and integrating with internal HR automation
- 2010 Interactive Media Award - Best in Class
- 2009 Interactive Media Award - Outstanding Achievement
- 2008 Web Health Award - Best Site Design, Hospital