Rochester General Health System
Rochester General Health System (RGHS) is made up of eight clinically integrated affiliates and has delivered comprehensive healthcare services to residents of western and central New York State for the last 150 years. RGHS has a reputation for providing world-class clinical expertise and compassionate care. The third largest employer in Rochester, RGHS has a strategic alliance with Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), collaborating in biomedical research and medical education.
Despite proven brand distinctions of world class clinical expertise and compassionate care, Rochester General Health System identified a strong need to better promote its personalized experiences in the competitive marketplace. Enlisting MedTouch technical and strategic services, RGHS launched a health system rebrand, focusing on improved user experience, better content delivery and calls to action for healthcare consumers, families and area healthcare providers.
In addition to providing a more engaging site design and enhancing core functionality, MedTouch recommended a content management system upgrade to an enterprise solution, Sitecore CMS. One of Sitecore’s key features is its Digital Marketing System, which allows targeted, personalized content to be easily delivered to specific user personas. When a referring physician, a senior or a job seeker enters the RGHS site and self-identifies, the content, imagery and calls to action dynamically adjust to meet his or her specific needs.
- A design that promotes brand distinction and key business drivers
- Sitecore CMS and DMS with dynamic, personalized content
- Information redesign from decentralized to a better, more centralized solution
- SEO launch strategy to preserve existing search visibility
- EPIC Portal Integration
- MedTouch modules for Sitecore including:
- Mobile website
- Forms Builder for multiple forms
- News module
- Secure document library for medical residents
- Secure online bill payment
- Krames StayWell Health Library integrated within Sitecore and Site Search
- Clinical Trials, providing search for trials by health category
- Advanced Site Search with categorical results
MedTouch worked with Rochester General Health System to identify key metrics and conversion points to make content more find-able as well as more accessible.
- Efficiency metrics indicate users are able to navigate faster and more easily
- Improved SEO keyword rankings: 66% of priority keywords improved their positions, 36% moved into the “top five” position
- First time visitors increased by 10% and overall site traffic increased by 17%
- More than 700 clinical trial searches in the first two months
- More than $400,000 in bill payments per month
- All four key personas actively sought to personalize their experiences—and succeeded!
“MedTouch is helping evolve our understanding of web analytics. With MedTouch modules built for Sitecore, the implementation of DMS and new personalization features, we are able to collect increasingly relevant information about the performance of our site. We can help our visitors reach the content they care about more effectively than ever.” -- Wendy Maxwell, RGHS Webmaster