The University of Kansas Cancer Center Website Redesign
The University of Kansas Cancer Center, a state-of-the-art research, education and treatment center associated with The University of Kansas Medical Center and The University of Kansas Hospital, partnered with MedTouch to develop a website supporting the institution’s transition to a regional and national brand as it prepares to apply for National Cancer Institute (NCI) designation.
Previously, the cancer center did not have a complete, freestanding website to house both its research and treatment information. MedTouch moved clinical trial information and the cancer center’s research initiatives front and center on the new homepage, improving access and explaining benefits. Through the design, MedTouch also established a warm and welcoming feel to inspire trust and caring, and to showcase the cancer center’s unique culture, expertise and research opportunities for both patients and professionals.
MedTouch designed a site demonstrating The University of Kansas Cancer Center’s quality of care and academic research excellence through:
- Condition-based layout to meet full needs of patients searching for information on cancer types
- Completely new Information Architecture - navigation including breadcrumbs and sub navigation to streamline all related treatment and services content for each condition
- Integrated, searchable clinical trial content displaying in each cancer type section
- Expanded depth of content, including specific resources for cancer survivors
The Results, After Six Weeks
- Drove close to 4,000 visits to homepage
- Improved depth of visits to close to 4 pages, lasting over 3 minutes
- Drove average of 800 visits to Cancer Research and Patient Care pages
- Drove 260 page views of Clinical Trials information
- Boosted 22 keywords to first page of Google search results around service lines and “cancer care” and “cancer center” related keywords in Kansas– a 275% increase
- Expanded search visibility to Bing, with 24 keywords in first page of Bing search results